January is in full swing at Cascade Mountain Winery and what better way to celebrate winter than a visit to our tasting bar to try our award winning wines! We are now offering a 20% discount on all case sales and as always we do not charge for tastings with your wine purchase. Looking for a delicious winter recipe to take away the chill? We recommend:
Cascade Mountain Fettuccine with Brussels sprouts, cherries and sweet Vidalia onions.
What you will need:
6 slices of bacon cut into small pieces.
2 cups of Brussels Sprouts, trimmed, washed and cut in half.
1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced.
1 cup of Cascade Mountain Seyval Blanc.
1/2 cup organic chicken broth.
1/2 cup of dried cherries.
6 oz Fettuccine noodles
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste.
* In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crisp and with a fork lift out the bacon and place on a paper towel, saving the bacon fat in the pan. Set the bacon aside.
* In the same skillet, place the Brussels sprouts flat side down in the bacon fat and cook until slightly brown and crispy at medium to high heat.
* Add the sliced onion and cook until the onions are translucent in color.
* Then add the Cascade Mountain Seyval Blanc, chicken broth and dried cherries and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low-medium and cover until the sprouts are cooked, which should be about 8 minutes.
* Cook the Fettuccine noodles al dente and add to the skillet, mixing at medium heat for 2 minutes. If you need a little more liquid, you can add a 1/4 cup of Seyval Blanc! Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese and crispy bacon and Voila! A feast!
Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you this January!
Sent from my iPad